1. Where were you when 2012 began?
We hosted a New Year’s Eve LAN party at our house. We rang in the new year with friends, fun, and good food.
2. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Became a college graduate, became a homebuyer, and went camping on the Channel Islands.
3. Did you keep your 2012 resolutions?
The big ones, yes. I turned my hall closet into a pantry, I did attempt to decorate for the holidays more, and we did buy a house! Because we bought a house, finances were a little all over the place, so I didn’t get a chance to revise and stick to a budget. Also because of moving into the new house I didn’t get around to creating an “In Case of an Emergency” file, but those are definitely on the list for 2013.
4. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My brother in-law’s wife gave birth to a baby girl a couple of weeks ago. I’m an aunt again.
5. Did anyone close to you die?
My brother in-law’s dog got hit by a car around Thanksgiving. It was really sad because for us, our pets are like our kids. Their dog would play with Tucker all the time, so it’s sad to know he won’t have his little buddy to play with anymore.
6. Go to any concerts this year?
Nope, not this year.
7. Will you be looking for a new job in 2013?
No, I love my job. I love what I do and the people I work with.
8. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2012?
No not really. I really only drank when I went to parties where there was booze present.
9. Did you go on any vacations? If so, where?
In May we had a company trip to Monterey where we stayed in beach-side houses.
Then in July I went camping on the Channel Islands.
10. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating college with a Bachelor’s degree in the exact subject I’ve always wanted AND to have a full time job/career in the field I’ve always wanted. Oh, I also won another web design award.
11. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2012 and change something, what would it be?
Oh I don’t know, I think at the beginning of the year I handled friendships with people in a certain way, and perhaps I wished I handled things differently.
12. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, not really. I managed to stay pretty healthy this year. The only injury I got was my first computer-related wrist pain in May, so I bid my Apple Magic Mouse adieu.
13. What was the best thing you bought?
Um, MY HOUSE. ????
14. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband because of his patience with the craziness that came with school and preparing to graduate.
15. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A particular family member whose name will remain anonymous. Very disappointed.
16. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and our new house! ????
17. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving into our new house…
And the midnight show of The Hobbit…
18. What song will always remind you of 2012?
19. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
Ah, much happier! 2012 has been a good year.
ii. thinner or fatter?
Fatter. I gained a bit of weight this year. ☹️
iii. richer or poorer?
Richer thanks to new full-time job!
20. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More blogging, more cooking at home, and more watching my weight.
21. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing over things that aren’t that big of a deal. Also making a big deal out of certain things.
22. How did you spend Christmas?
We hosted Christmas in our new home! Christmas morning was spent with my sister and Joshua, and then the rest of my family came over for Christmas dinner.
23. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Nope, just kept a good thing going. ????
24. What was the biggest change for you in 2012?
I graduated college! Woot woot! No more school!
25. What were your favorite TV shows?
Big Bang Theory, New Girl, Law & Order: SVU and Glee.
26. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate? No. Don’t care to deal with? Quite a few.
27. What was the best book you read?
The Steve Jobs biography. So good! Definitely recommend reading it.
28. What did you want and get?
We wanted to move out of Rancho Cordova and into our very own house. It happened!
29. What did you want and not get?
More iTunes gift cards. That’s pretty much all I wanted for Christmas. I got 2, haha!
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Hobbit! It made me so happy! A lot of people complained it was too long and drawn out, but if this means being 100% faithful then I’m happy.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
In 2012 I turned 25. Not a whole lot happened because I spent my birthday at school all day.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less stress with clients. However, it comes with the job, so I just need to change how I react.
33. What kept you sane?
Knowing that Monchele was together even though Finchel was apart.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one new that I can think of off the top of my head.
35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I can’t sleep
I can’t speak to you
I can’t sleep
And so I’m reaching out for the one
And so I’ve learned the meaning of the sun
And all this like a message comes to shift my point of view
And watching through my own light
As it tints the shade of you
“Sleep” by Azure Ray
36. Who did you miss?
A friend I lost touch with. It made me sad.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
No one person in particular, just all the awesome friends I made at school and work.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
I’ve come to realize that I spent all of 2012 desperately trying to cling to people that have clearly moved on with their lives without me. Some people come and go, but if they are meant to stay then they will stay. I can apologize till I’m blue in the face, but if they don’t want to stay then I have to accept that.
39. What are your resolutions for 2013?
Sign back up and stick to Weight Watchers, create and stick to a budget, blog more, finish my scrapbooks, and eat at home more.
40. What are your plans for 2013?
Get Joshua’s Benz back on the road and stick to my resolutions!
Note: This article may contain affiliate links. I only link to products that I know, love, and use. For more info, please view my disclaimers.
Subscribe and stay up to date with the latest blog posts.
© , The Lovely Geek. All rights reserved.
Terms & Conditions
The Lovely Geek is a one-woman studio based in Sacramento, CA working with small businesses throughout the United States.