For about a week now I’ve been craving a good chicken dinner, but I couldn’t figure out from where. Then it dawned on me that what I was really craving was my sister-in-love’s chicken that she made the last time we came over for dinner. Not only did she share the recipe with me, but she’s allowed me to share the recipe with you all! It’s so easy!
IngredientsFor the rub:
- 2 tsp of rosemary
- 1 tsp of garlic
- 1 tsp of garlic salt (I used 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and 1/2 tsp of Lawry’s Seasoned Salt)
For the chicken:
- 5-6 chicken thighs
- 1 cup of white wine
- ½ cup of butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Take rosemary, garlic, and garlic salt and put into blender. Blend until well mixed.
- Rub both sides of chicken with rosemary rub and add to an oven-safe pan.
- Pour white wine over chicken.
- Cut up the butter and put it on top of the chicken. I had five thighs, so I cut up the butter into five pieces and placed them on top of each thigh.
- Bake chicken for 1 hour and baste every 15 minutes.
- 3lbs red potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- ¼ cup of butter
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup of milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tsp of salt
- Put potatoes and garlic into large pot and fill with enough water to cover the potatoes
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 25 minutes
- Remove from heat and drain pot
- Add milk, butter, and salt and mash altogether
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour)
- Milk as needed based on the consistency you want (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in small saucepan
- Whisk in flour
- Slowly whisk in milk to desired consistency
- Mix in drippings from chicken pan and salt/pepper