- Where were you when 2009 began?
Joshua’s brother Bobby along with his girlfriend came down to spend the New Year with us. I made homemade enchiladas along with brownies for dessert; us girls has a Cosmo! We spent the evening watching movies, and it wasn’t until I walked into the kitchen at 12:01am did we realize it was 2009!
- What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
All kinds of things! I became a fiancée! I also decided to take part in Flickr’s Project 365 in which you take a photo everyday for a year. I managed to crank out 246/365 photos, but there’s always room for improvement next year!
- Did you keep your new years’ resolutions?
My 2008 resolutions were to get to my goal weight of 120lbs. and do better in school. Um, I did okay in school, but I did not get to my goal weight. I need to in 2010 in order to look fabulous for my upcoming wedding.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yup, my future sister in-law gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Renee Elisabeth!
- Did anyone close to you die?
No, but damn a LOT of celebrities sure did!
- Go to any concerts this year?
Heck yes! I went to Star Wars in Concert in October, and it was the coolest!
- Will you be looking for a new job in 2010?
Nope, freelancing when I have the time is working out great for me. Plus I heard one of the teachers gets so much freelance web work that he gives it out to students so we shall see!
- Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2009?
Nahh not really. I probably drank like once every two months or so? I’m still on Weight Watchers and booze has a lot of calories.
- Did you go on any vacations? If so, where?
Summer vacation was spent at Convict Lake. Then in November for our 5-year anniversary Joshua took me to Disneyland.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I think the biggest achievement is always making it through.
- If you could go back in time to any moment of 2009 and change something, what would it be?
Writing about certain people publicly on the net. I wish I could take back all my drama and keep it private.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing other than a couple of colds. No swine flu for me, hah!
- What was the best thing you bought?
Three great things! First my New Beetle, second my iMac, and third my Nikon D3000! All 3 were well deserved and worth-it purchases!
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
Joshua, my sister, and my mom for always standing by my side and sticking up for me.
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My ex-best friend and roomate. Dealing with her was so frustrating. Not just dealing with her while she was living with me, but also dealing with her BS for as long as I did in general. I realized that moving away from her wouldn’t solve the problems we had, so kicking her out was the only way to really solve things once and for all.
- Where did most of your money go?
My new place. Then once I was settled all my money went to bills, my car, gas, and groceries.
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
When my dad sent me the title to my Corolla enabling me to use the car as trade-in/down payment for a new car! Also moving back home and going to my new school which I will be starting in 2010!
- What song will always remind you of 2009?
“Hot ‘n Cold” by Kate Perry only because that song was everywhere!
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
- Happier or sadder?
Happier. I am in an overall better situation, and the death of my grandmother isn’t as fresh in my mind as it was a year ago.
- ii. thinner or fatter?
I’m about the same. I kind of hit a plateau, plus I gained 4 lbs over the summer. I’m getting back on track though.
- iii. richer or poorer?
A little poorer because a year ago I wasn’t in debt with a car.
- Happier or sadder?
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
Focusing on school and losing weight.
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
Caring what other people think of me.
- How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas morning we were with Joshua’s family, and then I hosted Christmas dinner for my family.
- Did you fall in love in 2009?
Nope, just continued to stay in love and keep a good thing going. We kept it going for so long we became engaged, hah!
- What was the biggest change for you in 2009?
I became engaged!
- What were your favorite TV shows?
Glee, The Little Couple, 18 Kids and Counting, Sex & the City, House, all the CSI shows, Without a Trace, and American Idol.
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No hate, but there are a handful of people that I’ve had to cut out of my life.
- What was the best book you read?
Ummm… I really didn’t do any reading other than for school. And while I am currently reading Twilight, I am in no way going to say that’s the best book of the year!
- What did you want and get?
A new place, a new car, a new camera, another lens for said camera, a new iPod, and a Gorillapod.
- What did you want and not get?
Haha a Dachshund puppy. 😆
- What was your favorite film of this year?
Star Trek was by far my fav of the year! There were a lot of other good movies too (and some bad ones *coughNewMoonandHalfbloodPrincecough*), but yeah I looooved Star Trek!
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
This year I turned 22. I spent the day with family in which I got my hair cut, did some shopping, and had dinner at my favorite restaurant: Chili’s! After dinner I had drinks with my friend Abby.
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less drama, especially on the internet. I’m really trying to work on it. In fact I’m most likely going to be switching things up a bit!
- What kept you sane?
My computer. It’s a stress reliever for me.
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Chris Pine as Captain Kirk = sexiness
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
You can’t always get what you want. But if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need.
- Who did you miss?
- Who was the best new person you met?
The people in my Spanish class at FLC.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
If it is one lesson I learned this year is to know when to stop arguing, consider the source, and move on!
- What are your resolutions for 2010?
Do better in school, lose 20lbs. in time for my wedding, and get off my coffee addiction. Oh and I want to wear more dresses, haha!
- What are your plans for 2010?
Start my new school and get married!