1. Where were you when 2008 began?
Joshua, my mom, my sis, and I went to the belated Christmas party at Joshua’s parents house. We left around 9pm and after dropping my sis off at her friends house we all hung out at home until the ball dropped. I got my New Year’s Kiss and then I went to bed.
2. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I went to a funeral and underwent plastic surgery (breast reduction). Both happened around the same time, too!
3. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions?
My 2007 resolutions were to lose at least 15lbs. and do better in school. While I haven’t lost 15lbs. I did lose a little over 10lbs. and am continuing to lose thanks to Weight Watchers. School has fluctuated.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my grandma (Nana) passed away on October 23rd, 2008.
5. Will you be looking for a new job in 2009?
Possibly. It depends on Joshua’s job situation when we move. That and how well I can handle upcoming car payments.
6. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2008?
I wouldn’t say a lot but more than I ever have before because I turned 21 this year and had a good time or two at some bars!
7. Did you go on any vacations? If so, where?
Spring Break Joshua and I took another wonderful trip to Disneyland! Then in July I went with Joshua and his family up to Mendocino county to go camping!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting through depsite how immensely shitty it was toward the end!
9. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2008 and change something, what would it be?
I wouldn’t have sent the letter I did to Nana. Perhaps that would have made her passing easier for everyone else.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I threw my back out pretty bad in late March, which I’m almost convinced is because of the weight I gained at the beginning of the year. Since then I’ve had pain in my lower back that has never quite gone away even with the numerous times I saw the chiropractor. It did get better after my massage at the spa though!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My iPhone! With all the applications, it’s seriously one the coolest gadgets ever!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My dad. My relationship with him changed for the better. He’s become a different person since the death of his mother, but it has been a good change. Same with my uncle. Is it bad when I say I feel like both my uncle and my dad actually became nicer after Nana’s death?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one has really made me appalled or depressed, but I have had my share of getting really frustrated with a few people.
14. Where did most of your money go?
A lot of impulse purchases on things I didn’t need. Feel a bit bad about it.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
When my dad gave me the official “OK” to move into my Nana’s house! That was the best news of the year!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
“Cry” by James Blunt. It’s one of those songs that kinda described different emotions for me.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
I’m not sure. I’m really messed up emotionally about my Nana passing; I randomly start crying over the smallest things just because they remind me of her. Yet at the same time, I am super happy and excited that I get to be moving back home and into her house, of all places.
ii. thinner or fatter?
Thinner! Thank you Weight Watchers!!
iii. richer or poorer?
From the looks of things, I’m kinda the same as I was last year. Christmas money sure helps!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Saving money, focusing on school, and exercising more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spending money on things I didn’t need avoiding the gym.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
It was spent with my grandparents, parents, uncle, and cousin’s at my parents house. I came up with my grandparents on Christmas Eve so we got to go to church together. Still, it was very weird without my Nana being there.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Nope, just continued to stay in love and keep a good thing going.
23. What was the biggest change for you in 2008?
Losing a loved one for the very first time. Changed me and my relationships with my family… luckily for the better.
24. What were your favorite TV shows?
Gilmore Girls, Sex & the City, House, all the CSI shows, and American Idol.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No I don’t hate anyone, but there have been a few people that I have had enough of!
26. What was the best book you read?
I didn’t get to read any new books just for fun. DAMN SCHOOL!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Um… no one? The first half of the year I discovered new music via the CDs at work.
28. What did you want and get?
Apple TV, Sex and the City – The Complete Series Collector’s Giftset (FINALLY!!), The Star Wars Vault, a gift certificate to Bliss Spa, and various gift cards!
29. What did you want and not get?
Several things on my wishlist, but it’s okay because there are a lot of things on there I don’t really expect anyone to get for me.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Sex and the City: The Movie, WALL-E, and The Dark Knight! It was a good year for movies!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
This year I turned the big 21! On my actual birthday the only thing exciting that happened was Joshua took me out for a nice steak dinner in which I had my very first Cosmopolitan!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
All the family drama at the beginning of the year and Nana not passing away.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
A little classier?
34. What kept you sane?
My computer. Nice to know I have something to escape to when the world crashes down. Wow… how emo did that sound?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one really. Didn’t have too much time to get into any celebrities this year.
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I never meant to cause you trouble,
And I never meant to do you wrong,
And I, well if I ever caused you trouble,
O no, I never meant to do you harm. – “Trouble” by ColdPlay
37. Who did you miss?
My Nana. Man, all that drama at the beginning of the year and her passing really sucked.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Becca and I made a mutual friend, Marika!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Two’s company, three’s a crowd.
40. What are your resolutions for 2008?
For next year, my goals are to get to my goal weight (120lbs.), focus more on school, and be smarter with my spending.