After my second pregnancy loss, I made a ton of lifestyle changes for fertility and have continued to carry those into this pregnancy. I feel like they have made a world of a difference because overall this pregnancy has been pretty smooth (not counting all the emotional stuff I’ve gone through).
Not only am I working with new doctors this time around, but I’ve been working with an amazing nutritionist who has helped me heal my body (and soul 😌) from both my losses as well as manage my PCOS. They’ve been crucial to my pregnancy.
The key thing here is that I am working with someone and not just taking stuff because I found it in a blog post on the internet. What may work for me may or may not work for you, so if you’re in a similar boat I’d strongly recommend consulting your wellness team. I’m not handing out medical advice in any way, just sharing what has been working for me.
That being said, here’s a look at all the supplements and meds I’ve been on during my pregnancy.
Specifically for Pregnancy
- Prenatal multivitamin: Nature’s Sunshine Prenatal
- Folate: FolaPro (if you’re wondering why folate and not folic acid check out this article from Wellness Mama)
- Fish oils: Cod Liver Oil, Tuna Omega-3 Oil, and Calamari Omega-3 Oil
- For 💩 probs: Psyllium Husk Fiber Therapy
- For morning sickness: Phosfood Liquid – I took this through week 17 until my nausea completely subsided.
- Low-Dose Aspirin – My OBGYN has me taking this daily, and I’ll stop taking it around 36 weeks if not sooner. This is to help with clotting and other pregnancy complications.
- Estradiol and Progesterone suppositories (not pictured) – Prescribed by my Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE), she had me on this through my first trimester. This was to help my pregnancy stick.
- Neti Inhaler – Used to help with getting over the nasty cold I got, pregnancy rhinitis, and allergies. I have one in my nightstand and one in purse, and I use it as needed.
Other Supplements & Meds
These supplements have basically been part of my regular protocol from day one. I take them in addition to all the other stuff specifically for pregnancy. It’s a lot to swallow. 🤣
- For sugar regulation: Gymnema
- For digestion/heartburn: Betaine Hydrochloride
- For overall immune health: Echinacea Premium
- For pain/holding my adjustments: Boswellia Complex and Salagesic
- To get that extra D: Vitamin D-3
All the Standard Process supplements, as well as my FoloPro, are acquired through my nutritionist. Everything else can be bought on Amazon or elsewhere.