Yesterday was my bridal shower. It definitely was a shower because it rained all day long nonstop. Luckily the rain didn’t stop people from coming especially several people from out of town. My sis teamed up with my mom and my “mom in-love” to host the bridal shower, and it was a lot of fun.
Since my colors are sort of a Tiffany-blue and brown, my sis decided to do a “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” theme. The decorations were gorgeous! Once everyone arrived we ate some yummy snacks and then began the games. We started off with a game in which everyone divided into teams and designed a wedding dress using toilet paper.
I picked the winner (Grandma Sherry), and then we played rounds of Bridal Shower Bingo. We ate the yummy cake and all got blue tongues from the frosting!
After cake it was time for me to open presents. I got Star Wars chop sabers, Disney giftcards, giftcard to Victoria’s Secrets, Hoshall’s Spa & Salon, and all kinds of cool stuff. The best part was when my mom in-law presented her gift to me. Since Joshua is a mechanic I was given an empty tool box and a quick start guide for “maintaining my vehicle.”
- Know Your Engine – I was presented with an empty toolbox to fill with the gifts she gave me.
- Read the Engine Operating Manual – aka the book Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage
- Keep the Engine Clean and Glowing – Glowing Touch Caress Body Wash
- Check all the Engine Fluid Levels – 4 bottles of Gatorade and 2 bottles of water
- Always Lube all Engine Moving Parts
a. scents that get the engine moving – she bottled up motor oil into a spray bottle
b. contact surfaces – yup, she gave me a bottle of lube
- Fuel the Engine Properly
a. mind – she got a nice big bowl that says, “Thinking of our time together” that’s for Joshua
b. body – top of the line Top Ramen to go in the bowl (Joshua’s fav food that I won’t allow in the house)
c. spirit – a prayer before marital love
- Service the Engine – she gave me lingerie from Victoria’s Secrets (NO PEEKING JOSHUA ????)
- Choose the RIGHT Preventative Maintenance Program – fake baby pillz
Overall, had a great time and lots of laughs with all my ladies!