Happy reveal day! I am so excited to share our finished nursery with you guys today! It’s crazy to think that at one point I honestly never knew if decorating a nursery was in my future, yet here we are with a beautiful new room and a 25 week-old baby still kicking and growing. Life has really taken a beautiful turn.
Before we get into the good good, let’s take a trip down memory lane. Here’s how the room looked when we first moved in.
We knew the moment we walked in this would be the nursery, but on the heels of our second pregnancy loss we didn’t know when that time would come. Fast forward to the Fall 2018 One Room Challenge, we turned it into a fully functional guest bedroom keeping in mind how it would turn into a nursery down the road.
Two months after that challenge was over we got pregnant, and the day this challenge started we found out we’re having a baby girl! These six weeks have FLOWN by, but we’ve got a really cute nursery to show for it. 😁
After everything was put in place I decided I didn’t need the curtains, so I ended up returning those. We still haven’t decided on a baby monitor, but we figured there’s still plenty of time for that.
Although I bought quite a bit of new things, I used and repurposed a lot of my old baby/kids stuff making the room so much more sentimental. In addition to my old nursery furniture, which was a project part of last year’s challenge, I also brought in a good chunk of my old books.
One of the side projects I tackled last minute was creating a gallery wall above the nursery. I’m really proud of how it turned out. It also gave me a chance to add my own personal touch to the room by using my skill set to make something.
I got an adorable it’s a small world clock from Etsy, a cute Map of California print (which I found at the grocery store of all places), and a photo I snapped on our last trip to Palm Springs of the Cabazon 🦖 T-Rex.
Also included are few pieces I made myself: the White Tree of Gondor from Lord of the Rings, Star Wars alphabet, Harry Potter “always” print (which is even more special since it refers to Harry’s mother, Lily), and a small LOVE print.
On top of the wardrobe is a humidifier along with a mother/daughter Star Wars print I picked up from Dapper Day last year, my baby mug, a tray with a few crystals (rose quartz heart that I picked from my mother in-love’s rock garden after my first miscarriage, moonstone, obsidian, and amethyst), my “It’s a Girl” Beanie Baby Bear, sound machine, and my letterboard revealing her name: Lily Mae Robinson. Lily is after my mom’s middle name, Melinda-Lily, and Mae is after my Nana. Together it represents two strong and supportive women I’ve had in my life. I hope I can be that for my baby girl.
Now all she has to do is keep on cookin’ for a few more months. 😉
Oh and if you’re wondering if there is anything left now that the nursery is done, don’t worry I still need plenty of things (like diapers, clothes, gear, etc.). 🤣 You can view our registry here: Our Baby Registry on Babylist 👶🏼
- Paint color: Behr Aqua Smoke
- Artwork: Kingdom of Cute Print, Star Wars Leia & Padmé Vanity print from Disneyland, and various prints made/taken by me
- Dresser + Wardrobe: DIY heirloom pieces
- Lamp: Target Cloud Island Glass Table Lamp
- Faux Plant: IKEA FEJKA Artificial Fig Leaf
- Baskets: World Market Small Striped Seagrass Bianca Tote Basket, Dipped White Sea Grass Belly Basket from Amazon
- Hamper: Fivebop Collapsible Laundry Basket Hamper (It actually arrived on time!)
- Clock: it’s a small world clock from Etsy
- Ottoman: Moroccan leather pouf from Amazon
- Crib: Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib from Amazon
- Crib mattress: Serta Perfect Embrace Crib and Toddler Mattress from Target
- Mattress pad: Sealy Allergy Protection Crib Mattress Pad Cover with Organic Cotton Top from Target
- Crib sheet: Organic Flannel Forest Bunny Crib Fitted Sheet from Pottery Barn Kids
- Glider: Delta Children Landry Nursery Glider Swivel Rocker Chair from Target
- Pillow: Winky Embroidered Pillow from Urban Outfitters
- Mobile: Moon Phase Mobile from Urban Outfitters
- Bookshelves: IKEA MOSSLANDA Picture Ledges
- Side table: Martini Side Table from West Elm
- Sound machine: Hatch Baby Rest Sound Machine Night Light & Time-to-Rise from BuyBuyBaby
- Diaper pail: Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail from Target
- Changing pad: Hatch Baby Grow Smart Changing Pad & Scale from Target
- Various accessories: HomeGoods