In My Beauty Bag | September 2015
- Fresh Sugar Lip Polish – I was in the market for a good lip scrub, and this was the one I sampled and went home with from Sephora. I knew it was the one for me because I put it on, walked around the store and it dissolved onto my lips leaving it smooth, exfoliated, and moisturized. It’s super yummy too! It reminds me of Lip Smackers Lunar Lime as far as flavor goes. I will usually put this on first before I get ready and by the time I go through my entire makeup routine and get to my lips this scrub has dissolved giving me the perfect smooth base to put lipstick on. And you only need a tiny bit. Definitely will repurchase in the future.
- MAC Prep + Prime CC Colour Correcting SPF 30 – When I went to get color matched for the Pro Longwear foundation the gal who helped me sent me home with a sample of this in Neutralize. I really like how it evens out my skin tone and sets up a good base for putting on foundation. The only thing I don’t like about it is that it can sometimes make my skin look dry and crusty depending upon the moisturizer I use. I purchased a full bottle after I finished my sample, but I am not 100% sure I will repurchase.
- LUSH Ultrabalm – I got this to be a replacement for vaseline since I wanted something that actually worked and was better for you. I picked this up in August, and I absolutely love it. I primarily use it for my lips, but I also use it on any dry or irritated patches of skin. It’s a little on the oily side, especially when the room temperature is warm, so I keep it at home as opposed to throwing it in my purse otherwise it can get a bit messy. Aside from that, love and will repurchase.
- MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation – Having oily skin it’s very challenging to find a foundation that won’t slide off within a few hours. This foundation came highly recommended by my account manager Kara who also happens to be a Raiderette and has to perform in full makeup. Needless to say if her makeup can last all day through sweat and oil then this foundation can go the distance. Well I can say it definitely does! I only had to blot my face once throughout the day, and it was towards the end of the day. The only thing is it’s on the heavy side, so wearing it every single day is probably not the best idea if you don’t have to. I tend to wear it only two or three times a week, and I usually will use my Clarisonic that evening when washing my face.
- The Honest Company Deodorant – I started to feel like my usual deodorant stopped working, so I decided to switch things up for something more natural. I picked out this one from The Honest Company during a trip to Whole Foods, and I really like it so far. Its got all natural ingredients, and I like that it’s in a spray as opposed to a stick. I don’t get any residue on my clothes, it smells good, and it doesn’t irritate my skin.