Today I’m sharing an inside look at what I refer to as The Lovely Geek Design Studio! Here is my own little geekdom where I do what I do (when I’m not doing it at my office).
Before we dive in, here’s a look at some before photos.
At the time it was just a spare bedroom. Now it functions as both my office and a guest bedroom.
When we toured another version of this house the homeowners had this as a guest room and office, only they took out the closet completely and used that as a nook for a bed. Here, we have a closet which made it much easier to keep things clutter-free.
My Star Wars figurine collection lives right next to the closet door. It’s an old IKEA BERTBY display cabinet (I spray painted the door white). Sadly they’ve discontinued it, which is a real bummer since one of the glass shelves broke during this recent move.
To the right of the closet, we have a bonus crawl space that goes over the garage. Currently, it’s where I stash all the indoor Christmas decorations. This wall still needs some art, but I have plans to put up a couple of my SHAG prints along with 50th-anniversary state fair poster.
When picking out a sleeper sofa, I wanted to make sure it was something comfy enough that I could curl up in with a good book when it wasn’t functioning as a bed. I sat in a few different sleeper sofas at Crate & Barrel and kept coming back to this one because it was so comfy. Another perk is the mattress is part air mattress, so it’ll maintain its comfort over time. I brought in my ombre nightstand making it the perfect little guest corner.
In front of the windows is my actual workspace where I get a nice view of my neighborhood.
You may recall I used to have an Eames chair as my desk chair. That chair is functioning as one of my dining room chairs, and my new desk chair is from Z Gallerie. It definitely works better since it’s an actual desk chair, so I can adjust it as needed.
My EXPEDIT is still alive and kicking! We recently added legs to elevate it off the ground slightly.
More toys, office supplies, and my favorite set of Star Wars prints occupy this side of my office. Behind the bookcase, I’ve got a Philips Hue light strip for some added ambient lighting.
I really love the way this space turned out. Nothing makes me happier than hanging out here in the morning sipping my cup of coffee. ☕️
Shop My Home Office
- Toy cabinet: IKEA BERTBY (discontinued)
- Nightstand: DIY piece
- Nightstand decor: Scoop Table Lamp from West Elm, print from Making It Lovely, RIBBA frame from IKEA
- Sleep Sofa: Willow Modern Slipcovered Twin Sleeper Sofa with Air Mattress from Crate & Barrel
- Planter: Mid-Century Turned Leg Standing Planter from West Elm
- Plant: YUCCA ELEPHANTIPES from IKEA
- Desk: heirloom authentic Danish teak desk
- Desk accessories: Mug (discontinued) and Pure White Ceramic Egg Vase from West Elm, JBL Creature Speakers from eBay, Anderson Lilley Candle from FabFitFun
- Computer setup: Macbook Pro (mid 2015) on an mStand360 connected to Apple Cinema Display 24”
- Chair: Malcom Armless Chair from in White from Z Gallerie
- Floor lamp: Adjustable Metal Floor Lamp from West Elm
- Waste basket: HomeGoods
- Bookcase: IKEA EXPEDIT (now KALLAX)
- Star Wars prints: ReStyle Art Prints & Posters
- Wall clock: George Nelson inspired clock from HomeGoods
- Ceiling fan: Kyree 3-Blade Ceiling Fan from Wayfair