I can safely say that at this point we’re 98% finished with the house. It is quite a relief to be saying that because with our previous duplex it never felt like we were finished; we just got discouraged and gave up. The remaining 2% includes putting up base-boarding and trim in the kitchen and dining room, wall decorations being put up, another bookshelf or two, and a coffee table. This busy-ness explains my rare appearances on the internet.
For the past week I have been busy wrapping up the kitchen. It started with wallpaper and panel removal, then sanding and spackling, then spraying on texture (because someone thought it would be awesome to put up smooth drywall just for the wallpaper!), then priming, and then painting! It was probably the one room that took the most work which is why it was left last.
Anyway, once things get taken care of around the house this weekend I plan on taking a ton more pics and dedicating a blog entry to each room talking about what we’ve done. Then my next task? Plan a housewarming party!
© 2021 The Lovely Geek. All rights reserved.
Terms & Conditions
The Lovely Geek is a one-woman studio based in Sacramento, CA but works with clients remotely from all over.