After a couple days of R&R I’m happy to report we had a wonderful Christmas. We went to Christmas Eve mass, exchanged gifts with family, and had a fantastic dinner. Oh and the house didn’t look too bad either.
The tree is in a new spot this year. Instead of it being in front of the sliding doors it’s where our old gas stove used to be.
Prior to us putting in new floors we sold our gas stove, and its empty spot made the perfect place to put the Christmas tree. Hopefully by this time next year there will be a pellet stove in its place.
Our stockings are sort of hung by the chimney with care, courtesy of this tutorial from Remodelholic.
It worked out perfectly given our tree was in a different spot this year, otherwise I would have used my other stocking solution from last year.
This year I hosted Christmas for my family, so I decorated the dining room similar to how it was last year. My uncle, two cousins, grandpa, and parents all came over for dinner and presents.
Christmas dinner was roast beef, sautéed spinach, sautéed green beans (which apparently were done wrong – inside joke), crockpot mashed potatoes and Hawaiian rolls, and my uncle brought cheesecake for dessert.
My 2014 Christmas Loot
- Barbie and Ken as Catwoman and Batman
- Be Good While I’m Gone – Limited Edition Print – Dachshund Weiner Dog Weenie Art
- Orla Kiely by Gaiam Linear Stem Sunflower Yoga Mat
- Coleman LED Lantern
- Martha Stewart’s Homekeeping Handbook
- Clark’s pumps
- Handmade beanie/headband
- Whitman’s Sampler
- Orla Kiely Bamboo Glass Waterbottle
- Jonathan Adler Dachshund Bookends
- Merci chocolates
- Christmas ornament wine charms
- Funko POP EVE
- Funko POP Wicket
- Selfie stick
- Touch Heart scented perfume + body lotion
- “Talk nerdy to me” Kleenex
- Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette
- $100 Wine Voucher
- Gift cards: Chili’s, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes, Sephora
- Dachshund necklace
- Victoria’s Secrets PJs + tank top
- Banana Republic owl sweater