Looking back on 2018, I’d say it was definitely the year of self-care for me. Recovering from loss played a big role in how I took care of myself throughout the year. This was also the first full year in our new home and I took full advantage of it, between hosting a ton of get-togethers and tackling several major projects. Towards the end of the year things winded down a bit and while we didn’t end the year with our usual party, we ended it happily relaxing. 😊
- Rang in 2018 with our friends and family in our new house. We had a combined New Year’s + Housewarming party!
- Completed the January Cure in my new home and had a get-together to celebrate
- I started going to yoga in my new town.
- Read A Beautiful Mess Weekday Weekend: How to live a healthy veggie life . . . and still eat treats
- Both our new fridge and new oven arrived! Our oven died in December and we had been waiting on our new fridge since November, so it was quite a relief when we got both new ones delivered!
- Got my first Stitch Fix of the new year. I absolutely loved what my stylist picked out for me!
- Saw Lady Bird
- Saw Coco
- We sold the Robinson Ranch! Joshua and I were out to dinner when we got the call. After a little bit of negotiating the buyer accepted!
- Took Joshua out to dinner at Ella Dining Room & Bar for his birthday. I ended up redesigning their website later in the year!
- My work office was robbed! 😱 Luckily nothing of mine personally was damaged/stolen but still! Oh and we never caught the dudes. Thank goodness for insurance.
- For our 31st birthdays, Joshua and I hosted a joint party with out parents at our home along with a few other festivities
- An unknown conclusion was reached as to why I lost my second pregnancy in 2017
- I completed a 21-Day Purification Program under the guidance of my nutritionist
- The app I designed for Sutter Health finally hit the app store 🙌🏼
- Read The New Bohemians Handbook: Come Home to Good Vibes
- Saw Black Panther
- Started listening to my new favorite podcast of the year The Soundtrack Show
- Hosted my first Easter at the new house!
- I went to my first Dapper Day celebration! My sister and I had a blast!
- Saw Tomb Raider
- Saw Avengers: Infinity War
- Started planning our kitchen remodel and ordered new cabinets at IKEA
- Hosted a Mother’s Day dinner for my mom
- Went to dinner and a magic show at Mystique Dining with our realtor as a late celebration
- Saw I Feel Pretty
- Had the honor of speaking about UI/UX to the design students at UC Davis
- Saw Fifty Shades Freed
- Saw Deadpool 2
- Got new dining room chairs
- My sister moved in with us after her lease was up at her apartment. This was to help her out until she moved to San Diego.
- We completely demoed our kitchen over Memorial Day weekend
- I launched a new design for The Lovely Geek!
- Got to watch my sister in-law get sworn in as a cop! It was pretty neat considering I got to watch her husband do the same 2 years ago. 😊
- It was announced I’d be speaking at WordCamp Sacramento
- Saw Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Saw Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
- Got to see the Glenn Miller Orchestra with my dad and sister
- Started seeing an amazing new chiropractor who’s done wonder for my neck and wrist pain
- For our quarterly event at work, we went to YOLO Brewing Company to brew our own batch of beer
- We hosted a going away party for my sister. We had a bunch of her friends over for a pool party and BBQ.
- Met a bunch of my neighbors at our first neighborhood block party
- Found out that my college would be closing ☹️
- Saw Ant-Man and the Wasp
- Joshua started seeing my nutritionist and overhauling his health. He went from barely having breakfast to shakes every morning and he’s on his own custom supplement protocol!
- Saw Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again
- Took my niece Renee to the CA State Fair. It was her first time to the State Fair!
- Read Mastering Your Mean Girl: The No-BS Guide to Silencing Your Inner Critic and Becoming Wildly Wealthy, Fabulously Healthy, and Bursting with Love
- Read Just the Essentials: How Essential Oils Can Heal Your Skin, Improve Your Health, and Detox Your Life
- Came back to Yolo Brewing to bottle our beer. I had the privilege of designing the beer labels.
- We FINALLY finished our kitchen remodel! 🙌🏼 It felt so good to have a kitchen again only better!
- My Aunt Patty & Uncle Steve came out to visit and see our new place
- Saw The Spy Who Dumped Me
- Saw Crazy Rich Asians
- Dani came home to visit and to go see Sam Smith in concert with me
- Had my folks over to celebrate my dad’s birthday
- I spoke at my second WordCamp! My topic was on Optimizing The WordPress Admin for Users.
- Saw A Simple Favor
- Flew down to SoCal and had an amazing little vacation in Palm Springs. Also got in a quick visit with my sister!
- Read Dodging Energy Vampires: An Empath’s Guide to Evading Relationships That Drain You and Restoring Your Health and Power. This was by far my favorite book of the entire year! It helped me in so many ways! I can’t recommend it enough!
- We added another Benz to the family. We took it off the hands of a friend and now it’ll be Joshua’s commuter to take the load off the wagon.
- Started the One Room Challenge to make over our guest room/future nursery
- Joshua and I traveled to Colorado with our niece to meet up with the rest of the family for family vacation and Robert & Amanda’s wedding
- Saw A Star is Born
- Read Grace Like Scarlett: Grieving with Hope After Miscarriage and Loss
- Saw Halloween
- Two sites I designed launched: Pride Industries and Pride People Services
- Joshua and I dressed up as Agent Carter and Captain America for Halloween
- Both Joshua and I got hit with MASSIVE colds at the beginning of the month and pretty much spent all of November recovering. Mine turned into bronchitis and forced me to take a handful of sick days off from work. I haven’t been that sick in a LONG time!
- Joshua and I went to Disneyland to celebrate our anniversary and participate in Dapper Day
- For our 8th anniversary we went to Studio Movie Grill and saw Bohemian Rhapsody
- I completed the One Room Challenge! Now I have a beautiful guest room that will hopefully someday be a nursery.
- Saw Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- We started remodeling the laundry room
- Went to a workshop hosted by my nutritionist. Learned how to muscle test and more!
- Hosted my family for Thanksgiving
- Saw Robin Hood
- I successfully completed NaBloPoMo and wrote a blog post every day for a whole month
- The design I created for CarRegistration.com FINALLY launched! It was a long time coming! The site is currently in A/B testing, so only 50% of the traffic is going to the new site.
- Had our company holiday party at The Kitchen. Not only was the experience itself amazing, but their website is one of the first I worked on when I started at Three29.
- The site design I did for Ella Dining Room & Bar went live
- My in-laws came into town a few days before Christmas, so we had an early Christmas get-together. We invited all the parents and had a delicious build-your-own chili bar.
- I hosted a “Friends Christmas” on Christmas Eve Eve where we had another chili bar and got to exchange gifts with our friends. It was a great way to hang out with people right before the holidays.
- Hosted my parents, uncle, and cousins for Christmas
- Saw Mary Poppins Returns
- Read Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be
- My sis and I had brunch with our dad. He normally tries to have lunch with us 1:1 on his winter break but due to our schedules it was easier for us to have a nice brunch together. We went to a local place call Friends With Benedicts.
- Ended the year chillaxing and binge-watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. After three get-togethers in one week, we were just too burnt out to host our annual New Years party.