Reading Time: 3 minutes
Last weekend my assignment was to clean out the bedroom and closet. In between planning my mom’s surprise party and taking her out for other birthday festivities, I managed to at least give the surfaces a good cleaning. The Roomba comes in to vacuum every day, so I didn’t feel too bad that I didn’t get a chance to run the regular vacuum through it.
The bedding got laundered the previous weekend, so the only thing I cleaned was the pillow cases. I also sprayed a little of my favorite pillow spray on them too.
I read about this trick where you hang up your clothes backwards, and then when you wear something you hang it up the correct way. That way you can see which clothes you’re wearing and what you haven’t worn in awhile. I started doing that last year, so at the beginning of this year I went through all the items that were still “backwards” and added them to my outbox.
Overall, I feel like I got a lot accomplished even though I didn’t thoroughly deep clean it as much as I would have liked.
This was another one of those tasks that I didn’t do 100%, but I did make a small amount of progress on. I took the opportunity to organize my box will all house and property related paperwork. Right now it all resides in this box.
Since I’ve been in escrow three times for my property I’ve naturally had a lot of paperwork piling up.
I sat down and went through everything that needed to be kept, everything that needed to be recycled, and everything that needed to be shred. Once I got through all my paperwork, I shredded everything in the to-shred pile.
Didn’t have to spend too much time on this because thank to my Roomba I am forced to keep cord clutter off the floor otherwise the Roomba gets caught on it!
Last year I tackled the cabinets underneath the sink in the guest bathroom. This time I decided to clean out my own cabinet in the master bathroom. Here’s what it looked like before I tackled it:
The problems I saw right away was super dirty shelving and several items that needed to be thrown away. I pulled everything out of the cabinet and began cleaning.
First I started by wiping everything down with antibacterial wipes. It helped get the grime up plus it sanitized everything. Then I used glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth to do the final cleaning so everything looked nice and shiny. Before I put everything back in, I made sure to throw anything out that didn’t need to be there.
The left side of the cabinet is now all the stuff I use in the morning, and the right side is everything I used at night (before and after showering).