Reading Time: 2 minutes
Hey! Sorry it’s been so quiet around here. This always seems to happen when I am busy working on a new site behind the scenes – I just get so focused on creating. Anyway, here’s a recap of the last couple weeks.
- Celebrated my mom’s birthday by taking her to brunch at Mimi’s Cafe and going shopping.
- Joshua and I saw Chris Hogan’s Retire Inspired Live event up in Roseville. We went with Joshua’s dad and stepmom, and it was a lot of fun!
- That sore throat I had the last time I updated you? Well, it healed up but then came back in the form of a cold. I was sick with a cold starting on Joshua’s birthday (Jan 30th) all the way through Feb 5th. I was miserable.
- On Joshua’s birthday weekend, we had joint celebrations with our family and friends. On his actual birthday we went to Cattlemen’s for dinner with his parents and my parents, and the next day we had a brunch at BJ’s with Dani and our friends. As fun as it all was, my cold was in full swing those two days, so I spent the weekend in bed and literally only came out for those two meals.
- We started our Dave Ramsey class back up again. They’re on Monday nights this time around.
- My birthday weekend started on Friday the 5th where Joshua and I went out of town for one night. We stayed at the Jack London Lodge; it was part of a groupon gift we got from Joshua’s brother for Christmas. We came home on Saturday and then later in the evening we went to Melting Pot for my birthday dinner. We would have gone on my actual birthday, but this year my birthday fell on Superbowl Sunday so Melting Pot was closed.
- On my actual birthday, I went to LowBrau with Joshua, Dani, and my mom followed by seeing Disney’s The Little Mermaid musical.
- I signed up for Stitch Fix! It’s an awesome monthly service where you get sent an outfit and you simply pay for what you want and return what you don’t. You get a personal stylist who’ll pick out your outfits based on how you fill out your stylist profile. You can set your budget, leave notes for your stylist, even a link to a Pinterest board for inspiration. It’s great for those of us who aren’t super successful at clothes shopping, such as myself. If you’d like to check it out for yourself use my referral code and click here.
Work has definitely picked up! I started design on Plum and design round 2 of OBO’ as well as a bunch of little things here and there.
As I mentioned, my lame (or not-so-lame) excuse from my blogging absence has been due to my focus on building out my new site. The homepage is all finished as well most of the interior pages. All I have left are any specialty pages. After that comes the fun part of importing and overhauling all my content.