On Friday the annual January Cure kicked off over at Apartment Therapy, and the first assignment was to get the floors cleaned and buy some flowers over the weekend. On Sunday, I broke in my new vacuum and got those floors cleaned! I also went grocery shopping and picked up some white spider mums that are now sitting in a vase on my kitchen table.
Yesterday’s assignment was to make a list of projects. I realized as I was putting this list together that I really need to take some updated pictures!
Front of the House
- Replace front lights with photosensored ones that all match
- Continue adding decor to front porch
- Add a bench and/or more storage
- Organize closet
- Add some kind of entry table and/or charging station?
- Come up with another solution for dog leashes, collars, harnesses, etc.
- Get an area rug
- Move current curtains to media room and get new curtains for living room
- Add more art to walls
- Clean out and organize sideboard
- Replace scratching post
- Update prints on shelves above pellet stove
- Take updated photos 😆
- Eventually replace chairs
- Repaint coffee/bar cart
- Replace dishwasher
- Update lighting to recessed lighting
- Full kitchen remodel: new cabinets, new countertops, new flooring, new sink, and new appliances
- Get new rug (one of the pets messed up the previous one since the makeover)
- Replace door going from kitchen to laundry room
- Replace flooring
- Replace cabinets (will do this when we remodel the kitchen)
- Add gable vents and roof vents
- Add additional shelving and storage
- Tidy up a bit; garage has become a little messy these days.
- Find a home for Joshua’s rooftop carrier
- Take some updated photos, good grief! 😆 It doesn’t even look like that anymore!
- Organize and add to home gym corner
- Organize Joshua’s corner of the room
- Continue adding art to the wall
- Paint linen closet doors
- Organize linen closet
- Add hooks inside of closet
- Replace closet door
- Organize shelves, cabinets, and cases
- Maybe create a backdrop area to use when filming vlogs?
- Possibly get a floor lamp or move the lamp from the guest room in here
- Add bookshelves for Dani
- Possible new lighting solution?
- Get new bedsheets
- Organize inside cabinets
- Make it more spa-like
- Repaint walls
- Replace shower caddy
- De-gold shower
- Replace pocket door
- Add more art/prints to walls
- Organize closet/go through clothes to donate
- Organize and purge dresser drawers
- Organize vanity drawers
- Paint, clean-up, and organize shed
- Finish flooring in shed
- Get new table to go with outdoor furniture on deck
- Possibly update/remodel deck and make spot for hot tub?
– – –
This month I am participating in Apartment Therapy’s January Cure. During the month of January, one assignment at a time, I’m getting my home in great shape. By the end of January, I’ll be sitting pretty in a clean, fresh, organized home.