Reading Time: 2 minutes
On Friday the annual January Cure kicked off over at Apartment Therapy, and the first assignment was to get the floors cleaned and buy some flowers over the weekend. On Sunday, I broke in my new vacuum and got those floors cleaned! I also went grocery shopping and picked up some white spider mums that are now sitting in a vase on my kitchen table.
Yesterday’s assignment was to make a list of projects. I realized as I was putting this list together that I really need to take some updated pictures!
Front of the House
- Replace front lights with photosensored ones that all match
- Continue adding decor to front porch
- Add a bench and/or more storage
- Organize closet
- Add some kind of entry table and/or charging station?
- Come up with another solution for dog leashes, collars, harnesses, etc.
- Get an area rug
- Move current curtains to media room and get new curtains for living room
- Add more art to walls
- Clean out and organize sideboard
- Replace scratching post
- Update prints on shelves above pellet stove
- Take updated photos 😆
- Eventually replace chairs
- Repaint coffee/bar cart
- Replace dishwasher
- Update lighting to recessed lighting
- Full kitchen remodel: new cabinets, new countertops, new flooring, new sink, and new appliances
- Get new rug (one of the pets messed up the previous one since the makeover)
- Replace door going from kitchen to laundry room
- Replace flooring
- Replace cabinets (will do this when we remodel the kitchen)
- Add gable vents and roof vents
- Add additional shelving and storage
- Tidy up a bit; garage has become a little messy these days.
- Find a home for Joshua’s rooftop carrier
- Take some updated photos, good grief! 😆 It doesn’t even look like that anymore!
- Organize and add to home gym corner
- Organize Joshua’s corner of the room
- Continue adding art to the wall
- Paint linen closet doors
- Organize linen closet
- Add hooks inside of closet
- Replace closet door
- Organize shelves, cabinets, and cases
- Maybe create a backdrop area to use when filming vlogs?
- Possibly get a floor lamp or move the lamp from the guest room in here
- Add bookshelves for Dani
- Possible new lighting solution?
- Get new bedsheets
- Organize inside cabinets
- Make it more spa-like
- Repaint walls
- Replace shower caddy
- De-gold shower
- Replace pocket door
- Add more art/prints to walls
- Organize closet/go through clothes to donate
- Organize and purge dresser drawers
- Organize vanity drawers
- Paint, clean-up, and organize shed
- Finish flooring in shed
- Get new table to go with outdoor furniture on deck
- Possibly update/remodel deck and make spot for hot tub?
– – –
This month I am participating in Apartment Therapy’s January Cure. During the month of January, one assignment at a time, I’m getting my home in great shape. By the end of January, I’ll be sitting pretty in a clean, fresh, organized home.