Reading Time: 2 minutes
Usually when I quote, “Eat us! Hey it’s Thanksgiving Day!” very few people know what I’m talking about, so I thought I would share the actual clip from the movie Addams Family Values.
Things I am Thankful For:
- My wonderful husband
- For all the family and friends who were apart of our wedding. I couldn’t have asked for more of a special day.
- My two silly cats and puppy
- My health
- For having a good home and a good car to get me places
- My grandpa, my parents, my sister, and Joshua’s family
- Being able to afford to go to school and other “luxuries”
- My friends
- For everything I have in my life
I also found this awesome Thanksgiving poem on Tumblr:
Today I celebrate because I get to enjoy the many blessings God has given.
Having the gift of being surrounded by the love of my family.
Another reason I rejoice is the wonderful sight of a table full my favorite foods.
Nothing makes me happier than to eat [cranberry sauce], turkey, [mashed potatoes and gravy]
Knowing that I have so much to give thanks for makes me feel blessed.
Sometimes I may not be satisfied, but today I realize I am rich because I have.
Great blessings I have been given that can not all be listed.
I have life, am loved, have all I need, and I live in country that is proud to be free.
Very many people would love to be me.
Instead of comparing myself I will give thanks and pray.
Never will I take for granted what I have been given each day.
Great is Thy faithfulness and thanks I give today!
Happy Turkey Day everyone. Eat lots, then nap.