Reading Time: 4 minutes
Another successful Christmas is in the books! I know I’m a little late on this post, but better late than never! As long as I get it in by the end of the year I’m good. 😉
I was lucky enough to have the day off, so I spent the morning running errands and the rest of the afternoon cleaning the house and making fudge. Once Joshua got off work, we headed over to his parents house for dinner with the family. Way later in the evening we went to the Christmas Eve Candlelight service at our church.
It was like an all worship acoustic service where we sang Christmas songs, and towards the end briefly talked about the meaning of Christmas and took communion; then we lit our candles and sang silent night.
It was a really neat experience, and I’m glad I got to go; typically I am so exhausted by 11pm that it’s tough for me to stay awake let alone go to church, but this year I drank a lot of coffee to make it happen.
Joshua and I were awake with just enough time to open presents from each other and pack up the fudge before heading back over to his parents house. Dani had to work late on Christmas Eve, so she went straight over to our parents house to stay the night allowing her to spend Christmas morning with them since she had to be back at work at 3pm.
We spent Christmas morning with Joshua’s family opening presents and enjoying a very yummy brunch.
After brunch, Joshua and I headed back home to get ready for Christmas dinner with my family. Around 1pm Joshua’s dad and stepmom dropped to exchange gifts with us; we gave them tickets to Chris Hogan’s Retire Inspired event happening next month, so we’ll all get to go as a family!
I spent the afternoon cooking dinner and getting ready for my family. I made a rib-eye roast, Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli, and Crockpot Cheesy Loaded Mashed “Potatoes”. While I cooked, Joshua helped clean the house.
Later in the evening my parents, grandpa, uncle and cousins came over for dinner and gift exchanging. Overall It was a nice evening, but the only downside was my grandpa was not feeling 100%; he didn’t want to eat anything, and my parents ended up having to take him home early. To be honest, he his health has been going downhill more rapidly since Thanksgiving, and it’s not looking. That, however, is another blog post for another time. Trying to stay positive!
My 2015 Christmas Loot
- Star Wars body wash set
- Star Wars 2007 Vintage Princess Leia (Endor) Action Figure
- Funko Pop C-3PO #64
- Star Wars Stormtrooper Socks
- Umbra Aquala Bathtub Caddy
- Beats by Dr. Dre Solo2 On-Ear Headphones (Luxe Edition) – Silver
- Starbucks® Verismo™ Electric Milk Frother
- Williams-Sonoma 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Williams-Sonoma Glass Prep Bowls, Set of 8
- Family vacation announcement: details TBD but it’ll be in Washington
- 1-night stay package at the Jack London Lodge
- Gift cards: iTunes, Spotify, Target, Sassy Nails, and Starbucks
- Lunch bag
- Tory Burch Holiday Cracker
- Two bath bombs from LUSH (Stardush and Sakura)
- The Gluten-Free Slow Cooker cookbook
- Travel and super-size versions of Bliss Spa Body Butter
- Dachshund scarf
- Mint Green Macbook snap-on case
- Peach/orange colored ombre scarf
- Victoria’s Secret pink/grey leopard flannel pajamas
- Scarf/gloves/beanie set